Added September 18, 2015
Info: DarkScape is a cutthroat and fresh twist on the deadly player versus player (PvP) sandbox experience set in a shadowy, alternate RuneScape universe. Featuring a surprising and treacherous world divided into low, mid- and high-risk regions, each with their own economy, players will have to decide how deep they travel into DarkScape zones of maximum threat, where valuable resources and high-level content can be claimed.
In a game where the line between friend and foe immeasurably blurs, players will have to watch their backs yet work together to protect trade routes, hold resource plots and assemble into bandit groups. Even Gielinor’s cities, highly-protected citadels of commerce in DarkScape, aren’t safe from PvP skirmishes. The further away from these rare “safe areas” they travel, the more likely it becomes that players must fight for their loot – and their lives.
• Open-world PvP:
– Wilderness-Rules PvP applies everywhere in DarkScape. You can be attacked at any time, in any part of the world.
– The level difference at which you can be attacked increases rapidly as you travel away from major settlements, and deactivates entirely in the most dangerous areas.
– Major cities are patrolled by powerful NPC guards, who will attack anyone who’s skulled…but nowhere is truly safe.
• Three economies:
– Everywhere in the world falls into one of three regions, denoting low, medium and high risk.
– Each of the three regions has its own, separate Grand Exchange and Bank – with greatly limited space.
– The higher the risk of the region, the more valuable resources and lucrative content you’ll find there.
• Travel is difficult and dangerous:
– Teleportation of any kind between regions is not possible while carrying items.
– All teleports take time to cast, and home teleports can be interrupted by combat.
– World hopping takes time and can be interrupted, much in the same way as teleportation.
• A level field:
– Everyone starts from level 1, and progress in RuneScape does not affect DarkScape.
– Combat is locked to Legacy Mode.
– Gear above level 75 requirement gives greatly reduced stat returns, compared to RuneScape.
– All content can be accessed by free players – even that which is members-only in RuneScape.
– Being a RuneScape member gives +50% XP, improved drops, double bank space and double items kept on death. The members’ benefits are handy, and make progression a good deal quicker, but it’s entirely possible to play for free and remain competitive.
• 14 years of content…and a new horizon:
– DarkScape contains most of RuneScape’s content, up to the end of May 2015.
– Earlier pieces of unavailable content are Dungeoneering, Clan Citadels and the Lending System.
– Content is now branched – DarkScape will not be updated with future RuneScape content, and it will have its own content updates in the future.
Status: Discontinued[ March 28, 2016 ]
Subgenre: Sandbox RPG
Estimated Download: n/a
Release Date(s): Closed Beta – n/a | Open Beta – n/a | Launch – September 16, 2015 | Discontinued – March 28, 2016
Platform(s): PC, Mac
- Operating System
- Hard Drive
- Graphics Card
- Windows 7
- Intel P4 2.0GHz
- 128MB 3D Graphics Card
- Windows 8 or above
- Intel Core i5-750 or better
- 256MB 3D Graphics Card