Tribes: Ascend Open Beta Begins This Friday
Posted February 22, 2012
Tribes: Ascend’s open beta will start this Friday, February 24 at 5PM GMT, Hi-Rez Studios has announced. If you’re already playing the closed beta, fear not, as there will be no character wipes and all your hard-earned progress and unlocks will be retained in the open beta.
A major content update is also on the way. Here’s a rundown of the changes:
• New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
• New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
• Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
• New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
• Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
• Service supporting Name Change
• Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.
For more information about Tribes: Ascend’s open beta, check out the official announcement.